Companies, large and small should develop a program that will enable employees to review all aspects of the accident, speak to witnesses, and gather much needed information regarding the accident.
This program is designed for employees who investigate workplace accidents – supervisors, employees in line management, and safety committee members. This safety alert features the ten-step method for accident investigation procedures.
Follow these accident investigation procedures:
- Who and what was involved (without assigning blame)?
- Remember, this is fact finding, not fault finding.
- What actually happened?
- Where did the accident occur?
- When did the accident occur?
- What can be done to prevent a repeat occurrence?
Download the safety alert for the complete list of procedures and other information and tips.