15 Passenger Van Safety
Reduce the risk of 15 passenger van rollovers.Learn how to protect drivers and passengers with useful proactive and defensive driving tips:
- Require that all occupants wear safety belts at all times.
- Inspect the tires and check the tire pressure regularly.
- 15-passenger vans should be operated only by trained, experienced drivers who operate these vehicles on a regular basis.
- The 15-passenger van driver should be well rested and attentive to driving at all times.
- Never allow more than 15 people to ride in a 15-passenger van.
- Cargo should be placed forward of the rear axle and placing any loads on the roof should be avoided. Do not tow anything behind the van. Check the owner’s manual for maximum weight of passengers and cargo and avoid overloading the van. As the weight inside a van increases, so does the van’s propensity to rollover.
Complete the form to download the free Safety Alert in English or Spanish.